I create integrated marketing stories that emotionally connect with target audiences to inspire desired actions, opinions or change.
Senior executive in charge of all client and agency planning, strategy, market analysis and creative.
Creative Director, Founder and CEO
New York, New York
2005 to 2016
Founder & President
New York, New York
2005 to 2012
2014 to present
Founded and grew a successful niche marketing and branding business. Created visual and messaging identities as well as social media, direct marketing, loyalty and store experience campaigns for a variety of national and international clients.
• Built, led, developed and inspired a team of ~30 full-time, part-time and contract employees located across the globe while maintaining an average 96% employee retention rate
• Created and deployed effective business development and promotional campaigns that within four months resulted in invitations to pitch brands like Chanel, Swarovski, the Government of Monaco, Michael Bloomberg and others
• Proved to fearful luxury brands that affluent consumers could be effectively marketed via social, mobile and digital media, and became regarded as a pioneering affluent audience expert appearing in multiple publications including Fast Company, The Telegraph, Luxury Daily, HubSpot, The Harvard Review and others
• Marketed film and entertainment properties including Lights Out (FX TV drama) and Zenith (feature film) – Zenith was widely covered in major industry and consumer press and continues to enjoy a cult following with audiences, and the transmedia marketing campaign, which featured augmented reality gaming, was called by The New York Times an innovative success “where audiences can join the story online;” the Lights Out interactive marketing campaign was cited by then FX president John Landgraf and industry press as the best thing about the series and solely responsible for the series’ significant early attention
• Leveraged entertainment and news industry savvy to tap into market zeitgeists and create communications assets that achieved >$5M of media equivalency value and appeared on all major broadcast news networks and in many national newspapers
Vice President, Creative & Strategy
2016 to 2018
Serve as chief day-to-day executive for full-service marketing, public relations and advertising firm with a regional, national and international client list. Principal creative and strategic leader on all functions from writing, design, media and photo/video shoot direction to financial oversight, client relationship management and human resources.
• Created and managed the execution of an agency marketing and business development plan including new brand positioning and messaging, and robust website marketing and advertising, to successfully grow agency revenue by >200% in less than two years, more growth than the agency had experienced in the 17 years prior
• Developed and implemented company-wide standard operating procedures (SOP) that achieved > 40% increase in productivity and efficiency
• Wrote and published regular thought leadership articles in local, regional and national press, and spoke consistently at business events, which earned the agency >$1M in exposure and earned media
Senior Producer & Luxury Brand Planner
New York, New York
2012 to 2014
Served as senior producer at the Digital Agency of the Decade, according to AdAge. Earned a reputation for excellence overseeing strategies that combined digital and traditional media to drive growth. Hired to service a single account but was elevated within a few months to serve as an integrated consultant across multiple accounts and channels including traditional marketing, internet campaigns, video/TV, mobile applications and social media.
• Co-developed and produced game-changing interactive social media campaign for Tiffany, which grew TCO stock prices by $10 in less than a month
• Served as integrated consultant on a mobile app, digital magazine and gamification campaign for L’Oreal resulting in an estimated 5.4% revenue growth in North America in only 52 weeks
• Managed integrated campaigns for MasterCard across traditional, digital, event, PR, celebrity endorsement and experiential channels that resulted in a 300% increase in customer intent to use or switch to MasterCard
• Handled multiple multi-million-dollar projects simultaneously and ensured deliverables of the highest quality
• Unified creative, strategy, and account services by reinventing the senior producer role to translate and articulate creative solutions between internal departments, ultimately achieving far greater consistency and performance
2002 to 2005
Managed the production and creative departments of one of the nation’s most prestigious political and corporate communications firms with an annual oversight of budgets >$500M while developing and producing >300 campaign assets from traditional radio-TV-print to digital media.
• Independently managed all phases of creative development and production – from concept and execution to implementation and measurement – for major international, national and regional campaigns
• Deep-dove into audience and market analytics to concept, write and produce advertising that CNN called, “The best,” and which led to international publicity and new business opportunities
• Developed and deployed strategic creative and corporate communications campaigns, some of which are widely regarded to have drastically shifted international opinion
Assignments Editor & Producer
2002 to 2005
Oversaw the development, production and distribution of timely content across digital, social, mobile and traditional broadcast channels in the fast-paced environment of a breaking daily newsroom. Originally hired as an intern and was elevated to this position in only four months.
Professor of Marketing, Film & Storytelling
The New School
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY | 2009 to 2010 | New York, New York
Named Teaching Fellow by faculty selection – for which I taught graduate-level Ivy League students film and media production courses, and mentored students one-on-one; received excellent student and supervisor reviews.
• Intro to Film Production - Led first-year MFA graduate students through the development, funding, production and distribution of a studio feature film project and served as a project mentor
• Screenwriting One - Taught, mentored and advised first-year MFA graduate screenwriting students through workshop-based screenwriting course in which students authored several short films for a variety of media, as well as feature loglines, outlines and treatments
THE NEW SCHOOL | 2010 to 2011 | New York, New York
Developed, planned and installed a first-of-its-kind writing course called Narrative Strategies for New Media, which pioneered the way for the now ubiquitous university courses that combine copywriting, journalism, content creation and screenwriting to teach the modern integrated strategic communications skill set
TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY | 2019 | Fort Worth, Texas
Adjunct Professor, Account Planning
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS | 2019 | Denton, Texas
Adjunct Professor, Advertising and Public Relations Agency Management
Writer, Thought Leader & Speaker
2000 to present
Established reputation as top digital marketing, creativity and storytelling expert writing on assignment for major international publications including The New York Times, The Telegraph, The Harvard Review, Fast Company, Inc., Mashable, HubSpot and others.
Successfully developed, wrote and/or produced award-winning feature films available on Netflix, Amazon and Hulu, and short films, one of which received a student Academy Award nomination, as well as writing multiple festival- placed screenplays.